I thought I could smile
when the pain came.
I could have laughed
loud and long.
The tears that ran,
weren't from joy.
I thought I saw a new light
when the darkness passed.
The shadows were gone
and the whispers faded away.
My body went stiff
and the world lost color.
I tried to say something
so I could hear myself.
The air thickened around me
and the wind just stopped.
Thirst was no more
and there was no hunger.
All the world is grey
like a fading rain.
I think I died a while back
and it's just catching up to me.
when the pain came.
I could have laughed
loud and long.
The tears that ran,
weren't from joy.
I thought I saw a new light
when the darkness passed.
The shadows were gone
and the whispers faded away.
My body went stiff
and the world lost color.
I tried to say something
so I could hear myself.
The air thickened around me
and the wind just stopped.
Thirst was no more
and there was no hunger.
All the world is grey
like a fading rain.
I think I died a while back
and it's just catching up to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment